- specific techniques for neurophysiological assessment of external sphincter and other pelvic floor neuromuscular structures
- portable design
- electrical stimulator with two outputs
In coloproctology centers, EMG of external sphincter and pelvic floor muscles is often required.
Portable EMG and NCS system Neuro-MEP-Micro packed with the necessary techniques is the right solution for these needs.
Specific techniques for neurophysiological assessment of external sphincter and other pelvic floor neuromuscular structures
The system is used to perform various neurophysiological examinations of pelvic floor for diagnostic and scientific purposes, i.e.:
- bulbocavernosus and other sacral reflex tests with electrical stimulation of pudendal nerve to assess the conduction of reflex arcs (S2-S4);
- surface EMG of external sphincter and pelvic floor muscles to assess the level of tonic contraction;
- needle EMG with quantitative motor unit potential (MUP) analysis coupled with sacral reflex test to detect sacral denervation;
- stimulation EMG used with a disposable St. Mark’s electrode to stimulate the distal part of pudendal nerve;
- pudendal nerve somatosensory evoked potentials (pSEPs) especially in patients with preserved sacral reflexes and hypoesthesia of perineum;
- sympathetic skin responses (SSR) recorded from perineal area to assess the conduction velocity of sympathetic unmyelinated fibers and myelinated sensory nerve fibers;
- analysis of motor evoked potentials (MEP) in perineal muscles during the cortical and sacral magnetic stimulation (the assessment of corticospinal tract conduction with recording of pelvic floor motor evoked potentials (if the magnetic stimulator is available)).
Neuro-MEP-Micro requires very little space and is connected to a computer via the USB cable which ensures data uploading and power supply of the device. If not powered from mains, the device can operate from the notebook battery.
Electrical stimulator with two outputs
Two software switchable outputs to plug in the electrical stimulator allow a specialist to place two pairs of stimulating electrodes on a patient and connect them to the device. Thus, there is no need to switch the electrodes as the stimulating electrode is software-defined.
The list of articles on research using Neuro-MEP-Micro at Google Scholar.
The delivery set can differ from country to country. Request the actual delivery set for your country from your local representative.
|Neuro-MEP-Micro , 2009||1 pcs.|
|Neuro-MEP-Micro electronic unit||1 pcs.|
|USB cable , A-B||1 pcs.|
|SH-1S small holder||1 pcs.|
|Mounting bracket||1 pcs.|
|Stimulating bar electrode SBE-2, adult||1 pcs.|
|Cup EP electrode with cable EEP , 5 pcs. 1 m||1 pcs.|
|Ring electrode with cable RE-2, wide||1 pcs.|
|Ground electrode with cable GE-1, pediatric, 250 mm||1 pcs.|
|Ground electrode with cable GE-2, adult, 400 mm||1 pcs.|
|Bar electrode BE-1, pediatric||1 pcs.|
|Bar electrode BE-2, adult||1 pcs.|
|Surface electrode with cable SE-1||2 pcs.|
|Adapter for needle electrode connection D60451||1 pcs.|
|Disposable concentric EMG needle electrode B50600, l=37 mm, d=0,45 mm||2 pcs.|
|F9049 disposable ECG electrode||100 pcs.|
|Cable for disposable electrode with alligator clip and touch-proof connector, black, 0.2 m||1 pcs.|
|Cable for disposable electrode with alligator clip and touch-proof connector, red, 0.2 m||1 pcs.|
|Measuring reel||1 pcs.|
|Marker pen||1 pcs.|
|Ten20 сonductive paste||1 pcs.|
|Сonductive and abrasive paste, G999 , EVERI||1 pcs.|
|Transpore medical tape||1 pcs.|
|Package set||1 pcs.|
|Technical Manual «Neuro-MEP-Micro », ver.2009||1 pcs.|
|Workbook "EMG Studies Using Neurosoft Digital EMG and EP Systems"||1 pcs.|
|Annex to user manual «Exam Manager»||1 pcs.|
|Warranty certificate||1 pcs.|
|Neuro-MEP.NET software license with Neuro-MEP.NET/EMG module||1 pcs.|
|Neuro-MEP.NET software license with Neuro-MEP.NET/HW module||1 pcs.|
|T-3/A trolley||1 pcs.|
Registration certificate _Japan
Свидетельство об утверждении типа СИ
Свидетельство о регистрации ПО Нейро-МВП.NET
Registration Сertificate _Indonesia
Certificate of Compliance for Neuro-MEP family
Neuro-MEP-Micro_EAC Declaration of conformity_EEU
UK Registration Confirmation Letter - 2021092801217159
Нейро-МВП-Микро_Сертификат о признании утверждения типа СИ в Республике Казахстан_27.07.2021
Приказ Росстандарта №591 «Об организации работ по внесению изменений в сведения об утвержденных типах средств измерений и стандартных образцов»
In 2011, I purchased the first Evidence 3102* from Schreiber&Tholen**, Germany, for my research lab dealing with disease models of peripheral neuropathies, myasthenic syndromes, and of myelopathies in mice and rats. The run-in period was very short because the programs are user-friendly, dependable and adaptable to the special needs in small rodents, the youngest being 8 days old. No EMG machine I ever used before was as powerful as this one. On numerous trips to collaborating labs in the US, Germany and Switzerland I carried this equipment with me. Meanwhile 6 completely established sets are working in most of these collaborating labs. There was no failure ever of the Neurosoft hardware, and in case of minor software problems Schreiber&Tholen provided swift and concise help through the Internet around the globe if needed — again with no precedence in my career in clinical electrophysiology. Even in lab facilities without perfect electromagnetic shielding little if any problems occurred. I highly recommend this equipment to anyone interested in doing clinical neurophysiology in animal models of neurologic disorders.
* Evidence 3102 — Neuro-MEP-Micro 2-channel Ultraportable EMG and NCS System with the Evidence trademark.
**Schreiber&Tholen — the official distributor of Neurosoft company in Germany, Austria, Switzerland.
I have been using Neurosoft Neuro-MEP-Micro device since 2010 and I have never abandoned the choice of excellent quality of Neurosoft electromyography devices. I am following with interest the evolution of new portable 3- and 5-channel devices, always with the fantastic philosophy of USB power supply.
Neurosoft really gives you a lot from both the hardware and software points of view, excellent signal quality, trace analysis with many options, reliability.
Working mainly in Italy, a note of merit goes to the distributor providing technical assistance in the country (TAOMED s.r.l.).