The congress is presented by the World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies, a group that brings together thousands of neurosurgeons and industry partners from across the world to share experience and educate and inspire the next generation.
The congress takes place every second year since 1957. Previous congresses have recently been hosted in Bogotá, Colombia (2022), Beijing, China (2019), Istanbul, Turkey (2017), Rome, Italy (2015 Interim) and Seoul, South Korea (2013).
During the Congress different themes will be discussed. The plenaries are dedicated to Training the Next Generation, Disruptors and Cutting-edge Innovations in Neurosurgery, Sustaining your Career and Global Initiatives, Diversity in Neurosurgery, Advocacy, and Innovation and Working with Industry. Spanning a range from advancements in AI, to microsurgical technique, to ethics and community engagement, the programme covers everything.
The programme will showcase the latest in neurosurgery subspecialties: paediatric, vascular, neurotrauma/neurocritical care, spine and peripheral nerve, functional, oncology, skull base, neuro-endoscopy and bain-machine interfaces.
In addition, these special topics will be discussed:
- Collaborations across the great divides: North-South and high-middle-low-income country clinical and research
- Current and recent trials in neurosurgery
- Global neurosurgery
- Showcasing the next generation: the best and the brightest trainees and young neurosurgeons
- Advocacy in neurosurgery: impacting public policy through neurosurgery
- Allied health professions in neurosurgery: the contributions of nursing and rehabilitation professionals
- Cutting-edge basic and translational neuroscience
- Forging the future: technical innovations in neurosurgery and partnerships with industry
Our Neuro-IOM systems will be presented in Cape Town by the Neurosoft exclusive representative — Nervus LLC. We are happy to be a part of this exciting international event and we look forward to more successful projects in South Africa.